Daniel Niemeyer

Subtitle

Home

Forum Home > To Do's List for iPad > iPad App won't Launch

Mike

Hi Everyone,

So I downloaded this terrific app to my iPad this weekend and it was working beautifully until this morning.  Now all of a sudden it refuses to launch.  When you touch the app icon it brings up the "To Do List" logo and then immediately closes. 

I did sync my ipad this morning but I have also been syncing it for the past couple of days without encountering this problem. 

Can anyone provide any suggestions on what I can do to get this back up and running?

Thanks in advance!

November 17, 2010 at 11:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel Niemeyer
Site Owner

Hi Mike,

I have been reported now a few times about this issue, I am working on it and release something in the near future.

For now, I can only suggest to delete and re-install the application, but if you want to save all of your tasks, then please wait for the update release.

I am once again deeply sorry,

Sincerely,

Daniel

--

To Do's Official Head Developer.

November 17, 2010 at 1:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike

Thanks Daniel. It's a shame but I understand that these things happen.

When you say "near future" does this mean a couple of days, a couple of weeks, or a couple of months? If it's just a couple of days, I'll wait for the update. If it's greater than a couple of days, then I'll try re-installing the app.

Thanks again!

Mike

November 17, 2010 at 1:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Edu Ledden

Hi Everyone,

I am using To Do's List for iPad for two months now, and I really like it very much.

I has been working fine for me, but when I upgraded to version 3.1 I had the known problem of the application crash on launch.

I have unsintalled a reinstalled several times, always backing up the To_Do_s_List_for_iPad.sqlite and To_Do_s_List_for_iPad~.sqlite files to keep all my tasks and it worked. I realized that the problem occurs if I configure the task export using Gmail Sync.

Now I have installed the 3.2 version and the same thing. As soon as I configure the Gmail Sync, the application crashes when I tap it to launch.

I configure the gmail account, password and I select Sync at statup. But it always crashes when I try to sync (even I don't switch on Sync at Statup.

Any suggestion about this?

I use the application almost everyday at work, and I use Google Apps (gmail, tasks, contacts, calendar and docs). I find it terribly useful to sync the tasks with gmail tasks, and your application seems to have this integration.

Please advice with any suggestion, workarround for this particualr issue.

Please, continue with this excellent job you're doing with this useful app!!!

--
January 4, 2011 at 9:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel Niemeyer
Site Owner

Hi,

Thanks for joining the forums,

If you do not enter your gmail account information, does the application crash on start?

What orientation are you using?

You mentioned that even if the "sync at startup" switch is off, the app still crashes, which could show that it is not just the gmail sync that is causing this issue.

I will have a look and see if I can find something,

Sorry for this issue,

Sincerely,

Daniel.

--

January 4, 2011 at 10:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Elyuser

Hi, happens the same to me the aplication was working perfectly, until i sync with gmail, when i did that the appstop working  it wouldn't launch:(

can you help me please ?

Ely

January 6, 2011 at 2:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Andrew

So we all know S^!t happens... no worries. I am sure that Daniel will fix this issue. But in the mean time, is there a way I can save all of my data in this app? My boss has this on his IPAD and loves it but he wants to ensure he saves everything incase something goes wrong or this cannot be resolved...

Also, According to my IPAD, I have ver. 1.2 installed and when I try and launch it that is the welcome page but looking at the app store, it shows I have the current version installed. Am I missing something?

January 10, 2011 at 11:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel Niemeyer
Site Owner

HI Andrew, thanks for joining the forums,

To save your tasks,

Simply either go to settings, to task export and export them to an email account.

or 

connect your device to a computer and select the applications tab. Once there, look for file share and select "To Do's List for iPad".

A fie named To_Do_s_List_for_iPad.sqlite will appear. Simply copy it and paste somewhere in your computer.

To restore from backup, connect your device, locate file share and paster the .sqlite file you backed up.

To restore from an email, simply click at the file attached to open the application and then click import.

I hope that answers your question,

Sincerely,

Daniel 

--

January 10, 2011 at 7:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Igor.nechepurenko

Edu Ledden at January 4, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am using To Do's List for iPad for two months now, and I really like it very much.

I has been working fine for me, but when I upgraded to version 3.1 I had the known problem of the application crash on launch.

I have unsintalled a reinstalled several times, always backing up the To_Do_s_List_for_iPad.sqlite and To_Do_s_List_for_iPad~.sqlite files to keep all my tasks and it worked. I realized that the problem occurs if I configure the task export using Gmail Sync.

Now I have installed the 3.2 version and the same thing. As soon as I configure the Gmail Sync, the application crashes when I tap it to launch.

I configure the gmail account, password and I select Sync at statup. But it always crashes when I try to sync (even I don't switch on Sync at Statup.

I use the application almost everyday at work, and I use Google Apps (gmail, tasks, contacts, calendar and docs). I find it terribly useful to sync the tasks with gmail tasks, and your application seems to have this integration.

Hi!

I have the same problem.

Tell me how to solve it.

If I do not enter the information of my gmail account, then the program starts.

I tried it in different orientations.

If you do not include the "sync at startup", then the application works, but no synchronization takes place.

Help solve this question.

May 12, 2011 at 1:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel Niemeyer
Site Owner

Igor.nechepurenko at May 12, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Edu Ledden at January 4, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Hi Everyone,

Hi!

I have the same problem.

Tell me how to solve it.

If I do not enter the information of my gmail account, then the program starts.

I tried it in different orientations.

If you do not include the "sync at startup", then the application works, but no synchronization takes place.

Help solve this question.

Hi,

Sorry for not replying late, I was busy studying the issue present as well as others,

I tried syncing with both my Gmail accounts, with the one I used to code the app with, all works beautifully fine, although when trying to use my second one, everything fails and the app crashes. I searched at Google's calendar and discovered that there is one switch that must be turned on, in order to allow 3rd party applications to synchronize with your account. In the end it solved the majority of the crashes present, although there are a few present. I amcurrently working on an update to eliminate them and hopefully bring it all to the normal stage, in the meantime I apologize to you all for this inconvenience,

Once again I am deeply sorry,

Sincerely,

Daniel.

--

June 21, 2011 at 11:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

solo

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your explanation and great work. Unfortuneately the app still crashes on my iPhone. You mention 'that there is one switch that must be turned on, in order to allow 3rd party applications to synchronize with your account'. I have been searching in Google calendar but cannot find it. Can you please tell me where I can find the switch? And could you give us any indication on when the update that fixes these sync bugs will be available?

I would be very happy to get this working.

Thanks and no need for apologies. After all we are all very happy that you bring us this great free app!

Kind regards

June 23, 2011 at 9:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.