Subtitle

Home

Forum Home > To Do's List > Bug Report

Daniel Niemeyer
Site Owner

Please post here any bugs found in the application

June 11, 2010 at 8:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

leviathan

First of all, I love the new To Do's List compared to the old To Do's 2.

However, I have encountered a few annoying bugs:

1. I keep getting pushs for reminders that I have changed times and/or dates for.

2. I get pushs for reminders that I have already deleted and/or set as "completed"

3. When I try to change the order of some reminders in the list, they drop back to their previous order instantly after I've changed the order, and I see "copies" of other reminders in the list, which then disappears when I restart the app.

July 12, 2010 at 7:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel Niemeyer
Site Owner

Dear Leviathan,

Thank you for using my application and espicialy for reporting those bugs,

About the push notifications, I am deeply sorry to hear that the application is doing what it is doing, I am trying to figure out why it is not canceling the notification, and I should fix this in future releases.

About the re-order, it is not a bug, it is just the applications logic, If you select to order your tasks by None, you can re order the cells and put them in the order you want. If you select another option from none, that ugly task clone bug will happen... I thank you for reporting it, I will see if I can block the re ordering if not selected none in the auto sorting menu.

Hope that helps,

Sincerely,

Daniel.

--

To Do's Official Head Developer.

July 12, 2010 at 8:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

leviathan

Today I've encountered a MONSTER BUG! 
All of a sudden the app starts shutting down on me every time I try to start it. At first it happened every time I try to scroll down my list, but as long as I didn't scroll down it worked. Later the same day (today) the app broke down totally, now I can't use it at all. When I start the app the only thing I see is my list, completely frozen. I cannot do anything with it. I've never seen anything like this in an iPhone app before. I've tried to switch my phone off and turn it back on, but that didn't help. I have no problems with any other app at all.

Please help!!

--
July 17, 2010 at 3:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel Niemeyer
Site Owner

OMG, what happened?!?!?!

Did you update to 2.2?

If the app froze, just do the following, re start it completely.

To do so, we need to stop it from multitasking, just tap the home button twice, which will call a bar to pop up. When it does find To Do's list, when you do hold its icon until a red badge appears at the upper left corner, then just press it. The app will stop from multitasking, then now, just open it.

Please send me a bug report so that i can verify the logs, to do so, go to settings -> information - > diagnostics -> email bug report.

Sorry to hear that, I will work on it and see why this is going on.

Once again sorry,

Sincerely,

- Daniel

--

July 17, 2010 at 3:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

leviathan

Ok, so I've removed the app from multitasking and got it to "unfreeze" at least.
I followed your instruction about the email bug report, but when I click the "Submit Bug Report"-button and get the "Email report?"-question, nothing happens when I push the "Email"-button. According to the text in the "Email Report?"-frame, I'm supposed to be able to "review the content of the email" before I send it, but as I just said, nothing happens when I push the "Email"-button...

--
July 17, 2010 at 3:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

leviathan

And yes, I have the 2.2-version...

July 17, 2010 at 3:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel Niemeyer
Site Owner

Yes, press email and the an email screen should appear, just press send and it will come to me.

Strange, I am using the same version you are, just got it from the store and it works fine for me, please give it another shot.

--

July 17, 2010 at 4:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

leviathan

Ok, I realized that I had my email switched off. Now it works and I've sent you the Bug Report email :)

July 17, 2010 at 4:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

leviathan

Fuck, seems to be something wrong with my email password....cannot send you the bug report from the phone. Instead I will copy all info and send it to you as a regular email...

July 17, 2010 at 4:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel Niemeyer
Site Owner

Thanks, i got it.

I will investigate it and see what has happened.

- Daniel

--

July 17, 2010 at 4:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

leviathan

Sounds great! I really want the app to work since I use it alot!

July 17, 2010 at 4:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel Niemeyer
Site Owner

- Bug Fixed

--

July 18, 2010 at 11:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

leviathan

I got the 2.3 update and now the app works for me again:)

However, I still get reminders for tasks that I have already deleted. It happened just a minute ago. Would this be possible to fix in the next update?

July 25, 2010 at 3:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel Niemeyer
Site Owner

Leviathan,

Thanks for the complement, I cannot seam to fix it, because apple's API for canceling the notification has a little bug and it is not working properly.

Sorry about it,

Sincrely,

- Daniel

--

July 25, 2010 at 5:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

leviathan

Just found a few new bugs in the 2.3 update :(

1) The app sometimes shuts down for no apparent reason, just as it did on the 2.2 version.

2) I accicentally tapped the frame on the left of a reminder (where you tap to set a reminder as complete). Then I discovered that the reminder disappeared instead of remaining in my list as completed. I tried again a couple of times, with the same results. As far as I can tell, there is no setting that makes this option available. It looks to me as a bug, but I could be mistaking? You must be able to set reminders as completed without having them automatically removed from the list, right??

July 27, 2010 at 2:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

leviathan

About  being able to set reminders as completed without having them automatically removed from the list: You could do this in the 2.2 version, so if you haven't removed that option in the 2.3, you should still be able to do that.

July 27, 2010 at 2:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel Niemeyer
Site Owner

Hi,

<Sent by Email>

Sorry for not replying in the forums, I am on vacation in Paraguay so I only have my iPhone with me and for some reason I cannot post on it on the forums.

It is not a bug, just go to task manager located in the lower left corner and turn completed on. Then kill the app from multitasking and all should work fine.

About this kill from multitasking, it is something with multitasking that kills these settings from happening instantly.

I am already killing apple in order to solve this issue.

Once again sorry for this inconvenience,

Sincerely,

--

August 6, 2010 at 11:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel Niemeyer
Site Owner

leviathan at July 12, 2010 at 7:09 AM

1. I keep getting pushs for reminders that I have changed times and/or dates for.

2. I get pushs for reminders that I have already deleted and/or set as "completed"

3. When I try to change the order of some reminders in the list, they drop back to their previous order instantly after I've changed the order, and I see "copies" of other reminders in the list, which then disappears when I restart the app.

Leviathan,

I am very very proud to announce that I found a way to fix this issue of some tasks sending reminders after they were deleted, moreover, I have also fixed the bug when changing the due date of a task would cause to reminders to fire up (the old due date and the new one) .

Thanks for letting me know and after 5 releases I have fixed it.

This fix will come in update 2.5

- Daniel

--

August 7, 2010 at 6:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

leviathan

Daniel Niemeyer at August 7, 2010 at 6:07 PM

leviathan at July 12, 2010 at 7:09 AM

Leviathan,

I am very very proud to announce that I found a way to fix this issue of some tasks sending reminders after they were deleted, moreover, I have also fixed the bug when changing the due date of a task would cause to reminders to fire up (the old due date and the new one) .

Thanks for letting me know and after 5 releases I have fixed it.

This fix will come in update 2.5

- Daniel

Sonds great! Looking forward to the 2.5 release. I use the app every day and I'm a sucker for reminders to keep my life organized. Before I kept Post-it notes everywhere, but now I can use your app for most of my reminders instead :)

August 10, 2010 at 3:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.