Subtitle

Home

Forum Home > To Do's List > Features

Daniel Niemeyer
Site Owner

Suggest Features to To Do's List

June 11, 2010 at 8:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Simon N

Hi, I made an account here just so I could post up my suggestion!

I love To Do's 2! Its great, simple clean interface, and works well...

My suggestion: Add in a "badge warning" date, which can be any time up to, say 14 days, before the due date. When the date passes this "warning date," the badge will appear on the app icon in the homescreen, and warn you that its due soon! Coz right now, it'll just list out all tasks, or all high-priority ones, it'd be much better to be warned of pending tasks in my oppinion! Hope to see this implemented in the next release, I can't imagine it'd be too hard! :D

Lemme know what you think! And thanks again for the great app!

- Simon N

June 16, 2010 at 10:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel Niemeyer
Site Owner

Hi Simon,

Thanks for contacting the forums,

I really live my users, because four days ago, I sent the first build for To Do's List and the day after that I was thinking what could I improve for the next release of it and I thought exactly the same thing you just told me now. I think that this will really be a very cool feature, so thank you for the suggestion.

What I will do, will put a new option for this, plus another like badge today + next week, Overdue + today... things like that and lastly a third option similar to what it is like today, this way the user will be able to pick between three different branches of badging and within it, various options in the same genre .

Once again thank you for your suggestion and for joining our community.

Sincerely,

Daniel

--

To Do's Official Head Developer.

June 16, 2010 at 11:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Simon N

Hi again!

It's great to see you are implementing the new notifications system in the latest release, that'll be a huge help for me!!

The only problem I can see, is that, judging by your screenshot, you can only go up to 1 day before the task is due...

I would like to be able to notify, say, 7 days before hand, in the case of a longer term assignment or project's due date, as is what I am currently using your app to take note of...

If it could go back to 7 days, then that would be ample time to be remineded to get a push on with work! One day is a bit of short notice for larger projects!!

Other than that, looking great!! Hopefully you can fix that with just a tiny tweak for the next release?

- Simon N

June 20, 2010 at 8:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel Niemeyer
Site Owner

Simon,

I have to say, you keep impressing me every time you post here, once again thank for the giving a request, which led me to a whole new idea, to talk more about it, I made a new documentation page for you ;)

Thank you once again.

--

June 20, 2010 at 11:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Simon N

Happy to help!

It's great to see that you take user suggestions so seriously, and are readily willing and able to implement suggested improvements. That's a great thing in a developer!!

When I've gotten the latest version, I'll be sure to report back any other improvements I can think of!

Thanks again for being a great developer!!

- Simon N

June 21, 2010 at 5:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel Niemeyer
Site Owner

Thanks.

FYI, To Do's List 2.0, is available now, 2.1, next week.

here is the link

itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/to-dos-list/id349752683?mt=8

--

June 21, 2010 at 4:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel Niemeyer
Site Owner

Simon,

Version 2.1 is available at the store, please check the feature you requested me, and let me know what you think of it.

Sincerely,

Daniel

--

June 29, 2010 at 5:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Anurag Khanna

Hi Daniel,

Thanks! for making such a great app!!!

Any plans for supporting following features:

1. Repeating x mins Local Notifications until task is completed

2. Sync with GMail tasks/Todo list

Regards,

Anurag

September 16, 2010 at 12:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Anurag Khanna

To put it correctly "a snooze option" for tasks

September 16, 2010 at 11:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel Niemeyer
Site Owner

Anurag Khanna at September 16, 2010 at 12:22 AM

Hi Daniel,

Thanks! for making such a great app!!!

Any plans for supporting following features:

1. Repeating x mins Local Notifications until task is completed

2. Sync with GMail tasks/Todo list

Regards,

Anurag

Hi Anurag,

Firstly I apologize for the late reply,

Thank you for suggesting great features! I believe that with a little tweak in the notifications' code, I should be able to release this snooze feature soon, for the next major release, 2.8. About the syncing with Gmail's To Dos, I haven't seen their API yet, although it seams simple to be implemented, therefore I will keep you posted on that.

Thanks once again for the support,

Sincerely,

- Daniel
--

September 17, 2010 at 11:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Anurag Khanna

Thanks! Daniel

September 18, 2010 at 3:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tetra

Hello Daniel (and the rest).

First i want to thank you for this a great "To Do's List" app.

Much appreciated.

Just what i have been looking for, a fairly simple and easy to use app that reminds me with alert/notes.

I've been using it for about a week now.

I think it's great that you get "local" push reminders (no costs) with To Do's List.

Other similar apps have to connect to the internet in order to remind you with a message, i hate that.

And i really like that you can set the timer of the notification by minutes (i hate those 5 minute jumps).

One thing though.

I think the notification alert sound is way way to short. I think it should continue to alarm/alert for at least 10-15 minutes or so, until you turn it off.

As it is now (short alert), if you're not in the same room as the phone, or if you have it in you're pocket, outdoors, you most likely won't hear the alarm/alert.

It has happend to me many times.

Two things that would make my day:

1. Much longer alarm/alert sound (maybe 10-15 minutes).

2. A separate volume control to set the alarm/alert volume.

Otherwise i really love this application, GREAT work (i hope you wont change it to much).

And it's FREE!

You're a generous person.

P.s. I posted a bug report as well.

Sincerely

Tetra

September 21, 2010 at 5:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel Niemeyer
Site Owner

Hi Tetra,

Thank you very much for trying To Do's and also for joining the forums,

I Appreciate the very generous words.

Creating a separate alarm volume would be something easy and fast to implement, therefore I could insert in in the next build. About the longer alert sounds, I am not sure if the device is allowed to play a sound for such a long time, if I am not mistaken, an application is only allowed to play 30 seconds of sound using notification systems.... So I think I will have to own you this one, I am sorry, but I will double check and reply to you ASAP.

Thank you once again,

Sincerely,

Daniel

--

September 21, 2010 at 6:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tetra

I'm happy to hear about the separate volume control.

About the sound/alert.

Isn't there a way to solve this by letting the sound/alert repeat it self?

I don't know anything about this, just an idea.

Sincerely

Tetra

September 22, 2010 at 10:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tetra

Hello Daniel.

Another thing on my wishlist is one more option to sort the order of the reminders in the list, att the Mainscreen.

There is the option "Created Date, Priority", but this way the next/nearest reminder ends up at the bottom of the list on the Mainscreen. Backwards in my opinion

I would like to have the next/nearest reminder at the top of the list, on the Mainscreen

P.s. Sorry about double posting, the edit time ended.

Sincerely

Tetra

September 22, 2010 at 11:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Anurag Khanna

Hey Daniel,

On a lighter note, when v2.8 was released I thougth you gave snooze feature. :)

Regards,

Anurag

September 23, 2010 at 2:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

LilleG

Tetra at September 22, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Hello Daniel.

Another thing on my wishlist is one more option to sort the order of the reminders in the list, att the Mainscreen.

There is the option "Created Date, Priority", but this way the next/nearest reminder ends up at the bottom of the list on the Mainscreen. Backwards in my opinion

I would like to have the next/nearest reminder at the top of the list, on the Mainscreen

Sincerely

Tetra

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for a good app that is getting better all the time.  But...always a but, isn't there?:)

But I second Tetra's request for a Due Date, Priority sort that puts the next/nearest reminder at the TOP of the list instead of the bottom.  If you have more than 8 or 9 items, the ones that you need least are visible while you have to scroll to see the ones that need your attention soon.

And...always one of those too...are there any plans to allow multiple tags? 

LilleG

September 23, 2010 at 11:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tetra

Hello Daniel

It would be helpfull if the set time/clock of the reminder was shown next to day/date.

That way you don't have to open the reminder if you just want to see what time the reminder is set to.

Running iOS 4.1

Sincerely

Tetra

September 26, 2010 at 10:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel Niemeyer
Site Owner

LilleG at September 23, 2010 at 11:46 AM

Tetra at September 22, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Hello Daniel.

Sincerely

Tetra

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for a good app that is getting better all the time.  But...always a but, isn't there?:)

But I second Tetra's request for a Due Date, Priority sort that puts the next/nearest reminder at the TOP of the list instead of the bottom.  If you have more than 8 or 9 items, the ones that you need least are visible while you have to scroll to see the ones that need your attention soon.

And...always one of those too...are there any plans to allow multiple tags? 

LilleG

Hi LilleG,

Thanks for the post,

I am working of allowing multiple tags and also repeat of week and month days, although it is a bit complicated and will take me some time as I have to re-write all the data background of the application, for both iPhone and iPad versions... My plan is to submit this for the release of iOS 4.2, together with a feature which lets you to print to do's over any wi-fi network or printer.

Sincerely,

Daniel

--

September 26, 2010 at 11:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.